Saturday, August 16, 2008
ukay ukay shopping tips
you like the dress? i bought it for less than 35 pesos only! yep less than 35 pesos folks! bought it on sale at 3 for 100 in an ukay ukay store at Monumento (near the mercury store). ready to shop at ukay ukay now?
here are some tips when shopping at ukay ukay
1. wear comfortable clothes - i guess that is self explanatory
2. learn how negotiate - in short makipagtawaran ka, bring out you best haggling bud or practice the art of haggling. remember there are no fixed price at ukay ukay stores! it would help if you buy more items for a greater discount.
3. dress down - how can you haggle if you are wearing your baro't saya or tuxedo at ukay ukay? they'll figure you can pay more and dont need a discount at all
4. ask when is the new arrival schedule - the best stuff are in the first box opened. a bit expensive than their "sale" items which are usually napagpilian na.
5. be charming - you dont need to hit on the saleslady/salesboy or pakyut, you just have to be nice and they'll give you extra service. and when you get to know them and becomes their suki you can even ask them to text you when is their new arrival coming.
6. know your size - i find shopping at ukay ukay very easy, because one look at a dress or shirt i already know that it will fit, i dont even need to try it on. besides soem ukay ukay store doesnt have a fitting room, just one full length mirror.
7. grab what you like - trust me on this one. its better that you get heaps of clothes dangling in your arm than be sorry to find that the item you liked is no longer in the rack, or you cant actually remember where you saw it.
8. check, check, check - make sure that before you pay for the item, you already check if the zipper is ok, no buttons are missing, no stains.
fashion on a budget
enjoy the unique ukay-ukay shopping experience, stay chic and fashionable without hurting your budget - get ready to look like a million bucks for less